1. Don't wait until the last minute, if you find something you think someone will like in jan get it and save it until christmas
2. Be practical, dont get a gift for someone just to give them something because they typically won't use/ wear it.
ex. fill up their gas tank, give them money to pay a bill, take them on a spa day
3. Personalize, no one wants some generic gift that you give to everyone
ex. if you're artistic write them a song, or a poem, paint/ draw a picure. Remember their favorite colors & what they like.
4. Don't be so commercial & save a shopping trip by making gifts that people will cherish, they will appreciate that you spent the time
ex. pot holders, afghans, quilts, doilies, table cloths, coasters
5. Instead of giving people presents give them your presence, they will find you more valuable than any gift you buy
ex. make christmas meal together, have a holiday movie marathon, make gifts for others together, volunteer somewhere together
6. Don't just remember your friends & family at christmas, but your coworkers teachers, & other people you interact with daily
ex. make them cookies (something they can eat & move on (going back to #2))
7. Cards are cheeting, calling & visiting is better. If you think about it people just throw cards away anyway which wastes trees
* Remember that it's better to give than to recieve but that doesn't mean you have to go in debt to do it. When it comes to children they will have so many christmases that they will not remember every new toy you got them.
Peace, Love, & Flowers